Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sophia's birthday party/Mom and Dad's return

It was so fun to have my brother Mike living at my parents house the same time we were there for the summer.  He was waiting for his condo to close and was a good sport about putting up with loud kids at 6:30 in the morning :)


1. Brooklyn tracing her foot
2. Brooklyn reading books
3 and 4. Brooklyn, Sophia, and Jake playing in the kiddie pool

Rich and Misty had Sophia's 2nd birthday party at my parents house.  One thing about living away from family that I miss are these little get togethers...so I'm glad we could be there this time!


Misty made her cute cake and Sophia was pretty excited about it!  I love this cute girl.



Brooklyn loves being my big helper these days and will often feed Jake for me.  She actually does a pretty good job and he lets her.


  

We anxiously awaited the return of my parents from their mission!  We were so glad John had the summer off from school so we could be there and spend a lot of time with them.  We MISSED them!!  I can't believe they were really gone for 3 years.  It went so fast, yet so slow.
  

  
 We were excited :)

I was joking with Jeannette before they arrived that I wouldn't cry and she probably would.  Well it actually turned out the opposite.  I was holding Brooklyn when we saw my parents coming down the escalator and she wiggled out of my arms, ran under the rope, with arms spread to my mom and gave her the biggest hug.  It was the sweetest thing...and I couldn't hold back the tears.  I love that she KNOWS them, even though she hasn't seen them since she was 6 months old..thank goodness for Facetime.   


3 comments:

  1. YAY! How exciting....it made me want to cry thinking about her running under to your parents. Sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia is so cute! So fun to be able to celebrate with such cute cousins! Love that cake to.

    I still can't believe 3 years has gone by. I would have cried seeing your parents and they aren't even my parents ha ha! So exciting to finally be together again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it nice to be home?? Those pictures of Brooklyn running to Grandma are enough to just make you cry--sweetest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete